Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fear: Alteration into the unknown



Far away lives the specter of my fear
Enigmatic destiny, an ambiguous symphony haunting my ear
Alteration of the soul darkens my path, shadows my goal
Rivers of my life rage out of control by my agony's howl
Time is a healer they say, it had left me with a large decay
Eagerness to forge my stability emphasizes my life's fray
Amnesia gets around me every time I'm in a soul struggle
Roaring now and then it scares pieces of my life's puzzle
Coming again and again this sudden alteration shakes my spirit
Low, high, in the mud or behind the sky it sails through confusion
Evanescence sometimes breaks in to save my day
At a certain degree it helps but such an effect is not meant to stay
Rest? Peace? I guess that's the life style of those who think outside the clay

2 comments:

  1. Right as I was about to read this my pain got so bad I had to go to the emergency room and then massive confusion, sorry it took me so long Tino! This is incredible love the intensity, the unknown is a very universal fear and definitely one of my greatest fears. I love the mysterious quality of the poem as well, it really makes a powerful statement.

    The new prompt is up now lets hope I don't have to go anywhere near the hospital this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope you won't :) and I hope you're doing well now.
    Thank you for reading it. I'm glad it had made some sense :D I wrote it late last night and it was kind of a summary of what that unknown had brought to me especially last week.
    I'll check the new prompt and try to write something in time.

    ReplyDelete