Saturday, June 1, 2013

The wandering child


I saw her wandering between the worshipers' lines
Not more than 6 years old, I asked her: 'where's your dad?'
Not saying a single word she pointed to the man near the door
One man of more than a million of refuges searching for his family a safer shore
Coming down the stairs of the mosque, the poor child tripped and fell
Echo of her screaming drew in the air burned houses and massacred children
Nostalgia for her home land flickered through her tears
Tell me..what's good in a life of a torn innocence that is so full of fears?

(I've written this for children's day (or the International Day for Protection of Children)  which is today. It is about a Syrian girl. She has a father, a mother and two brothers all are Syrian refuges. In the neighborhood we try to help them with what we could, but no one can ever give you what's like your home.) 

6 comments:

  1. what choice do we have watching the world turning into a jungle where survival is for the fittest ? you can't help to imagine yourself in their shoes ... would I be me if the child me were her ? driven away from all her belongings to the unknown .. that must have broke something irreplaceable deep inside.. my GOD have mercy on that little girl's soul ..
    always admiring the images you keep drawing with the hidden truths behind your words... and enjoying the harmony of contradictions.

    "Nostalgia for her home land flickered through her tears " ...
    <3 keep it up Tino .. waiting for more and more :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameen!
      'Survival for the fittest'..words can't describe what this child and others like her are going through, to survive..and survive for what? chances to survive could be positive sometimes but how can one live in a place where he doesn't feel belonging to? How can one at the middle of his innocence (injured innocence) live a comfortable life as a stranger?
      My writing might look more of a 'complaining' than of a 'change' but I always think of it as a simulator for a good change..I hope so =)
      Thank you very much for the kind words IlHaMus..It's a pleasure to read your comments ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my, what a powerful poem this is. There are so many children in such difficult situations....those who would like someday to have a 'good life.' Thanks for writing this. It was a eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you =) It's a dreadful life those children are going through..boys and girls who are considered to be the future brick stones of society..we can't make a solid building with broken bricks so is the case with society..now there are only words describing the horror by which we try to sparkle a little hope..I'm glad the poem was an eye opener..thanks again =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful writing, breaks my heart, brought me to tears wow amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =) It's heart warming to gather around compassionate people regarding such painful reality..I've never taught that my writing could be that affecting. Thanks again for passing by =)

      Delete