Sunday, October 20, 2013

Battle scars


Wars of life come upon you like raging waves
They leave big scars on your soul's skin
It'll hurt you deeper and deeper no matter how good is your sword's swing
Blood has got to be spilled..life's a vicious a spin
You think you got used to the pain..when it is dark you try to sing
In life's religion; telling the truth is blasphemy and your patience is an unforgivable sin
Yeah..I've been such a hell of a blasphemer in this life
I can do nothing about it..my mother breast feeded me the milk of strife

12 comments:

  1. Hi kiddo, I had a bit of trouble reading this with my old eyes.......but I got enough of it to say right on! I love "when it is dark you try to sing" and the mother's milk, oh yeah.......keep shining (it pisses our detractors off! hee hee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ma'm..especially for the effort you did to read my writing :) It's quiet an honor for me to read this reply from such a cool poet like you :)

      Delete
  2. strife does tend to pass generation to generation...
    life can def be a vicious spin as well....but we figure it out
    little by little

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's short but packs a succulent sucker punch to the brain. I had to re-read this a couple of times just to make sure that I "got" all of it. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Really?! I'm flattered :) I'm so glad my writing has such an effect on you ma'm. Thank you for the compliments!

      Delete
  4. I love poems that tax my brain just the ways your did!

    balance it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. From war to blasphemy to strife (the very essence of war) full circle. A very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If truth is blasphemy, I am a blasphemer as well....and don't mind at all. Quite a poem here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol..welcome to the gang ma'm! Thank you very much :)

      Delete